Indulge in the essence of fall with our Autumn Salad – A delightful blend of of our fresh salad mix, the sweet crispness of apples, a burst of flavor from dried cranberries, the satisfying crunch of pepitas, all topped off with the creamy goodness of crumbled goat cheese. A seasonal salad that celebrates the flavors of autumn.
- 5 ounces (about 5 cups) salad mix
- 1 large or 2 small apples (i love fuji or honeycrisp)
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) or chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Toast the pepitas: In a medium-sized skillet, toast the pepitas over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they are turning golden on the edges and making little popping noises (if using pecans instead, warm them just until they are fragrant). Transfer the pepitas to a small bowl to cool.
- Just before serving, chop the apple into thin, bite-sized pieces. Place your greens in a large serving bowl. Top with sliced apple, dried cranberries and toasted pepitas. Use a fork to crumble the goat cheese over the salad.
- Drizzle with Clean Genes Apple Cider Vinaigrette , gently toss and serve.