Every Friday our family tries out a new healthy treat recipe…this chocolate dessert shake did not disappoint!
As a matter-of-fact, my son asked me if I could make this chocolate dessert shake every day. Ha! This perfect flavor combination is like a candy bar (haven’t had one in years) but in the form of a shake. It’s been a journey of trial-and-error in finding desserts the whole family loves since we no longer eat refined sugars or gluten, but this shake had us all doing a dessert dance!
I’m a sucker for easy peasy recipes, and it doesn’t get easier than throwing everything in a blender and hitting a button. Go ahead, give it a whirl and if there’s an ingredient you’re not a fan of…then substitute for something similar or leave it out.
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened macademia nut milk (could use almond or coconut milk)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond butter
- 1 heaping Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp real honey or agave
- 1 Tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Unsweetened chocolate chips or cacao nibs
Blend all ingredients together in a blender. Pour in your preferred cup.
- Top with additional shredded coconut flakes, unsweet chocolate chips or cacao nibs
*Can also place in freezer after blending for about 30 minutes, and will become thicker consistency…my kids say it’s ice cream when I do this:)