Objective: We are seeking self-motivated workers who are driven to grow the best food possible. An ideal candidate will want to advance their career working within the field of sustainable agriculture. We are looking for individuals who are competitive in a team environment and are driven by results to progress in the development of the farm.
Duties and Responsibilities: Farm crew members will work directly with the owners of the farm and other farm employees on a wide range of tasks including but not limited to:
- Greenhouse work (seed starting, maintenance, harvest).
- Fieldwork (soil prep, planting, cultivation, harvest).
- Washing and packing produce.
- Cleaning, sanitizing, organizing equipment, and materials.
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene.
Term: This position starts in February and goes through November; however, the application period will remain open until positions are filled. In November, the Farm Owners and the Crew Member will assess the relationship and terms for continuing or ending the position.
Schedule: Full-Time Crew Members will be expected to work Monday through Friday, 8 – 10 hours per day. Starting and ending times are adjusted seasonally and during the spring/summer we start work as early as 6AM. The team takes a 45-minute. Farming is a seasonal business. The farm is at its busiest in Spring through Fall. Seasonal flexibility is a prerequisite for employment. Employees will be expected to work on weekends if additional work is scheduled by farm owners.
- experience working on a farm or related field (landscaping, horticulture) is a plus.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Able to pass a drug test.
- Ability to read, write, and perform arithmetic.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds, repeatedly for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend and reach repeatedly for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work at pace in all weather and temperatures.
- Greenhouse management and maintenance. Experience growing lettuce, produce herbs, transplants on organic farms.
- Farm equipment operation and maintenance (tractors, mowers, etc.).
- Carpentry, plumbing, general handy skills.
- Ability to organize and keep space tidy.
- Facility with Microsoft Excel, data entry, computer-based work.
- Customer service and sales.
To Apply: Please email your resume and references (two professional, one personal) to Farmers@CleanGenesFarm.com Be sure to inform your references to expect a call from us within one week of submitting your application.