- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 large Fuji or Honeycrisp apple, sliced thin
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds or chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Make the dressing: In a cup or jar, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt until well blended. Season to taste with pepper.
- Just before serving, chop the apple into thin, bite-sized pieces. Place your greens in a large serving bowl. Top with sliced apple, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds/ pecans. Use a fork to crumble the goat cheese over the salad.
- Drizzle the salad with just enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves once tossed (you probably won’t need all of it).
Notes : Feel free to toast the nuts/ seeds for added flavor.