When you’re a farmer and have loads of basil, you become creative of new ways to consume it…like in this pear salad with raspberry basil vinaigrette!
This salad hits all the senses, especially if you chose to add in the feta cheese…a little sweet and savory.
I really enjoy these summer months of variety and bountiful harvest of aromatic herbs and veggies galore. The possibilities of food combining are endless! Now go on ahead, do your taste buds a favor and prepare this salad for yourself!
-2 cups Clean Genes Lettuce Mix
-1 pear, chopped (could use an apple if a pear isn’t available)
-1-2 Tablespoons dried cranberries (your preference)
-1/3 cup pecans
-1 Tablespoon refined coconut oil
-2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
-1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
-1/4 cup Clean Genes Pea Shoots
-1 Tablespoon chia seeds
*optional – feta cheese
- Heat skillet to medium – low heat. Add coconut oil to pan, then stir in pecans and stir for 3 minutes. Turn stove off and sprinkle pecans with coconut sugar, allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, pear, cranberries, avocado, and pecans. Gently toss in raspberry basil vinaigrette listed below. Garnish with chia seeds, feta, and pea shoots.
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place raspberries, red wine vinegar, salt, honey, basil, and olive oil into blender or food processor.
- Blend on low speed, about 20 seconds