Delicious and Nutritious Roasted Hakurei Turnips and Radish – Discover a flavorful and healthy culinary delight with our perfectly roasted Hakurei turnips and radish. Savor the exquisite blend of flavors in each bite.
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 bunch Hakurei salad turnips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Move the rack in the oven to the lower middle position. Place the roasting pan in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Slice the greens off the turnips or radishes (or spinach, kale, or leafy green) rinse & dry greens.
- Cut the turnips and radishes into wedges. Halve the small ones, and quarter or sixth the larger ones.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of salt. Pour the vegetables onto roasting pan, arranging them so most have a flat side down in the pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stirring and turning the vegetables at 7 minutes.
- Dry the washed greens to remove most of the water. Roughly chop the greens into bite-sized pieces, then toss them in the large bowl with the rest of the olive oil and the salt.
- Pull the roasting pan out of the oven, turn and stir the veggies again and make space for the greens. Spread out the greens in the space and return the pan to the oven.
- Roast for 5 minutes more.